Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ok this is a BOOK BUDDY!!!!!

I loved how these look and they would make an awesome gift for any reading guru(like me...*G*) these are the instructions that IBIRUS(Lynn) gave to me and they are some of the best instructions I have ever seen....if you follow what she said you WILL NOT make any mistakes..*S*

" The "book buddy", as I call it (it needed a catchy name) is really easy. I saw it at a stamp camp. It's an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock cut the long way so you have two pieces 4 1/4 x 11. Fold it in half first then fold each corner back to the fold again to make and accordian. The first page was just a quote, the second page is a removable book mark, I used a folded piece of cardstock so I could do a glitter window. The third fold is a place to keep post-it's and the last fold is a loop for a pen. Under the bow are two eyelets that form holes for the ribbon. Then a ribbon wraps around the whole thing. "(this is what Lynn sent to me)


Now I didn't add ribbon around the whole thing since I am a ribbonaholic I thought I had better get away from the ribbon a bit before my kids decide to get me nothing but ribbon for christmas...*LOL*...so I added VELCRO where I needed it to stay closed...*S* I also added a little pencil rather than a pen because well I just saw it sitting there and thought to use it..

Have fun with this one and I would love to hear your thoughts on it..*S*










No comments: